Electrical Inspection & Testing by Approved Electrical Manchester
Fixed Installation Testing is the inspection and testing of the permanent electrical systems (circuits) within premises. It is an electrical survey carried out to ascertain if there are any faults present within the fixed electrical installation and also to check that the electrical installation complies with current electrical legislation.
Approved Electrical Manchester carry out fixed installation testing to BS7671 IEE (IET) Wiring Regulations standards. Our electrical engineers hold both City and Guilds 2381/2382 and 2394-2395 electrical qualifications and are fully experienced in the inspection and testing of commercial, industrial and residential premises.
First and foremost we will liaise with you as to the purpose for the fixed installation testing and ascertain the extent of inspection and testing to be carried out. It is our aim to minimise disruption to your premises whilst at the same time provide a thorough and professional electrical testing service.
The routine inspection and testing of your fixed electrical installation, ensures compliance under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and the Consumer Protection Act 1987. Electrical installation testing is also a common requirement for business and public premises insurance.
◦ Continuity - to ascertain that the earthing is continuous throughout the circuit.
◦ Bonding Conductors Continuity - to ensure bonding is in place and effective.
◦ Ring Circuit Continuity - ascertains whether or not the ring is complete.
◦ Insulation Resistance - to test whether there has been any breakdown in insulation to the installation.
◦ Polarity - to check that the installation is correctly wired.
◦ Earth Fault Loop Impedance - to ascertain the Zs of the installation.
◦ Earth Electrode Resistance - applies to TT systems only, to test the earthing rods.
◦ RCD testing - to check that Residual Current Device disconnects the supply in the event of a fault.
◦ Functional testing of isolators and breakers - to ensure that they disconnect the supply.
Upon completion of the electrical testing, a detailed Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) is supplied containing the following certification:
◦ Guidance Notes for recipients.
◦ Schedule of Inspection and Schedule of Test Results.
The engineer who carried out your testing will also talk through the results with you and explain if any remedial work is necessary in order to remedy an unsafe installation. If the electrical installation has any faults, they will be listed under the section of observations and recommendations and will be given one of the following codes:
◦ C1 - Danger present
◦ C2 - Potentially Dangerous
◦ C3 - Improvement Recommended
Although we are pleased to carry out any remedial work required, you are free to choose to have the work completed by a qualified third party. We are fully insured to the value of £2m. Copies of our insurance details are available to clients upon request.
Our electrical testing prices for business premises are extremely competitive and start at just £18 per circuit.
IEE recommends the maximum time between periodic inspections:
◦ Commercial premises - max 5 years
◦ Industrial premises - max 3 years
◦ Hotels and Public Houses - max 5 years
◦ Shops and Offices - max 5 years
◦ Domestic - max 10 years or at change of occupancy
◦ Residential - max 5 years or at change of occupancy
◦ Launderettes - max 1 year
◦ Community Centres/Village Halls - max 5 years
◦ Churches - max 5 years
◦ Educational premises - max 5 years
◦ Places of public entertainment and theatres - max 3 years
◦ Leisure complexes (excluding swimming pools) - max 3 years
◦ Swimming Pools - max 1 year
◦ Construction site/temporary installations - every 3 months
Please contact us for an estimate.
Mobile: 07958 965 598
Rob Loftus ~ Director
Get in Touch
Tel: 0161 879 4429
Mobile: 07958 965 598
Robert Loftus - Director
Using an electrician for the first time I found the service very comfortable with a friendly and pleasant manner. Arriving when arranged to discuss the job and and quickly receiving an affordable quote. Job done in an easy and hassle free environment with full satisfaction.