FAT Testing by AEM
Our Fixed Appliance Testing service can include a full, visual and combined inspection and electrical safety test (from the electrical outlet to the appliance) including all cable and control units as well as labelling and a certificate of testing.
Under the current Fixed Appliance Testing regulations we can certify each Fixed Appliance from one to four years depending on the equipment type, installation and environment.
What is a fixed appliance?Storage heaters, hand dryers, cookers, machine tools anything that is usually connected to the electricity supply via a fused outlet to which the flex is permanently connected. We offer a Fixed Appliance Testing and Portable Appliance Inspection and Testing Service throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
◦ No Call Out fees
◦ City and Guilds 2377 qualified Testing Engineers
◦ Fixed Appliance Test Reports & certificates
◦ Discounted PAT Testing Service - Combined
◦ Professional honest and courteous service
◦ No hidden charges
The level of inspection and testing required is dependant upon the risk of the appliance becoming faulty, which is in turn dependant upon the type of appliance, the nature of its use and the environment in which it is used. The Institution of Electrical Engineers publish the "Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment"
◦ FREE traveling costs
◦ FREE minor repairs and remedial work to damaged appliances
◦ FREE replacement of faulty or damaged mains plug
◦ FREE replacement of faulty or incorrectly rated fuses
◦ FREE re-test of failed appliance where possible
To keep disruption to an absolute minimum we also offer a special out of hours and weekends service at no additional charge...
On completion of testing, a detailed FAT Testing Report will be presented to your company. If testing is carried out over a number of locations nationwide, each site will receive a separate report for appliances tested. Our reports are well presented and easy to understand in the following format:
◦ A smart front cover shows your company details and the address of the site tested, along with the test date and the date of re-test
◦ After this, we include an additional comments page. This page is useful and points out any issues that may require monitoring in between test dates. Feedback is taken direct from our test engineers on completion of testing
◦ Finally, comes the detail of the inspection and test report, the Fail and Pass Registers. We start with a section on any failed appliances that could not be repaired during testing. This is a detailed section of the report and shows a reason for failure and also a recommendation of what to do with the failed appliance. The Pass section shows a description of all appliances that have passed inspection and testing, their unique appliance ID code and the appliance location at the time of testing. The appliance ID code relates to the code printed on the Pass sticker attached to the appliance during testing
◦ Each site is presented with a certificate for display
A friendly aftercare service is provided to ensure clients are happy with the service they have received and to ensure all FAT Testing has been covered. Our central database will alert us when your testing is due again at each site within your company. We will remind the relevant people when testing is due in advance. We base our service on good communication with our clients.
Please contact us for an estimate.
Mobile: 07958 965 598
Rob Loftus ~ Director
Get in Touch
Tel: 0161 879 4429
Mobile: 07958 965 598
Robert Loftus - Director
Thank you for all the work you did, I was really pleased with it and I will
have no hesitation in recommending you if I hear of anyone wanting electrical work done.